Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend With the Girls


So my girlfriends from college (aka Cotati Hotties) came to town this weekend for a much overdue girls' weekend. Michelle got engaged over the holidays so we were celebrating her engagement and her 30th birthday. We spent time out here in Danville which we hadn't done in a while and always means a lot to me. And then we hit SF yesterday for bridal dress shopping at Neiman Marcus and a night out.

I wanted to tell them desperately!!! Everyone knows I'm a talker and an open book about most everything. But I kept quiet. Mostly because it was Michelle's weekend and I didn't want to steal her thunder. Engagment and 30th birthday are a once in a lifetime and although each pregnancy is awesome, I've been the lucky center of exciting attention quite a few times in recent years. In addition a couple of the girls have been working hard for their own little buns in the ovens and I know how it feels when you want it and someone you are close to announces "I'm prego and we weren't even trying." I keep hoping that this is the month and we'll all be pregnant together.

I feel a little like a lier and can't believe people ever wait to tell anyone (with Reese I barely lasted a few weeks, with Lucy barely a few days). So this lying to everyone's face is new to me and feels awful!!!! But I think they will appreciate me waiting.

No comments: