Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The first ultrasound

I went in today so they could "officially" confirm what we already know. I feel queasy, I've gained five pounds already, if they didn't say I was pregnant I was going to fall over. But I saw the little heartbeat and they measured me. I was measuring a few days behind what I thought but those things are so random anyway. I can hardly see what they are looking at and they use their cursor to declare, 7 weeks/3 days, no wait 7 weeks/6 days." Changing by the moment, I don't really trust it anyway. Their dates aren't even possible anyway.

Reese's special birthday present is wrapped and the family arrives in a few days. I'm so ready for this to be out. I kind of get why people wait out of concern everything will stay okay with the baby, but I don't get it because I'd tell everyone anyway if something bad happens. I feel so wrong lying to everyone's face when they ask if we're going to have another someday, knowing I'm pregnant right now. I know how I feel when someone tells me and I know they've lied to me again and again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read the news. CONGRATS! I am so thrilled for you and Brady; as well as the girls. You are so sweet to be concerned about stealing the thunder from others. I love this blog and am looking forward to updates along the way. Take care and give my love to the family.

Alison Olynger