Thursday, September 20, 2007

37 Weeks and Counting

So I wanted to make sure and blog, just in case I'm lucky enough to have this baby early. But I had an appointment on Tuesday, nothing exciting to report. Measuring 37 weeks, gained 23 pounds to date (same as the girls), blood pressure 103/52, head down. I half hoped they'd say something was unusual and we could get this thing going. With both girls I wasn't too anxious but this time I know what I'm in for, so I just want to get this thing going.

With Reese I was convinced I'd be late so at 10 days before my due date when my water broke I WAS SHOCKED! Then with Lucy I was 5 days early. I can't help but hope this one will be early too but I joke it will be on it's due date or late. I have such mixed feelings. I know what I'm in for with a newborn: sleep deprivation, nursing, etc. And as long as it's in me it's easy to carry about. But once outside it's forever.

I'm excited to meet the baby. It still feels like it's happening to someone else. I feel like I've been pregnant forever so I'm ready to be done, but it's also flown by. In some ways I'm sad. I know this is the last time and I've enjoyed being pregnant. This has probably been the best so far, I feel blessed. I'm just starting to get to the point where sleeping is harder and my stomach is big and uncomfortable. But I only have a few weeks to go so I'll take it now. I'll miss feeling a baby kick inside me. I'll miss the excitement of waiting for something so amazing. I'll miss my mini celebrity status as a prego chick. But I can't be pregnant forever or just keep having them. Although I enjoy pregnancy and even have the little rascals around, we have to stop somewhere.

So when we head to the hospital I expect to be sad that it's almost over, excited to FINALLY find out what we're having, and scared. Labor was fast with Reese, no epidural, even faster with Lucy, thank goodness for the epidural. I just want to make it there this time. I'm also kind of scared to find out what we're having. There are so many people waiting. I almost just want Brady there only and some time to adjust either way. If it's a girl we will be so excited! But part of me knows people want a boy for us, like it's winning the lottery or something. I truly believe that God will give us what we need. I'm just excited to find out!

No comments: